Thursday, May 23, 2013

Day 7

The last three days have been pretty good. 

I've been enjoying my desk at office even more. I braved the buses here and realised they weren't half as bad as the Bangalore buses. The route I go, is out of the city, so the buses are pretty much empty. The buses are smaller here, and yet still have difficulty turning around the bends of the narrow roads. At some of the turns, the conductor gets out and has to stop the traffic to let the bus do it's big maneuver. 

Here's the road (more like a path) that I walk down to get to work. So quaint. And I only realised on day 2 that there is a tree growing through my office.



Movies come out quite a bit later than everywhere else. We went to watch a movie that wasn't even showing in Bangalore anymore when I left. The cinema we went to was quite primitive too. The hall wouldn't have seated more than 100 and the air conditioning was competing with the Arctic. I sort of missed the Vicco adverts from Inox, though. Enjoyed the movie nonetheless.

I've been diving headfirst into work and yet my timings are hard to believe. Which architect works 9-5!?! The stars used to be out when I left office in Bangalore. But the work is great fun. Had my first client meeting today and then got to attend a really good seminar this evening. Got to see the large Colombo architecture community (which probably included some of the architects who I sent my portfolio to and didn't hire me! hehe)

Anyway, so I've only been here a week and have a trip planned for this weekend. We leave tomorrow morning for Nuwara Eliya. It's Sri Lanka's hill station. The pictures online resemble the tea estates in Munnar. 

Write up on that (and better pictures) coming soon as well as my experiences of Vesak- the Buddhist lantern festival. 

No comments:

Post a Comment