Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Day 13

Got to go on my first site visit today. Six hours in total in the car, but a beautiful drive up the coast to the Puttalam lagoon, especially driving with water on both sides. It was quite hot and sticky. I'd have much rather been there with my sunblock, swimsuit and camera than on a site visit. 

I really should have taken my camera. The sand was so fine that my feet sank in till my ankles as I walked. But I got to try out a Leica M9 with a wide angle lens. What a fab camera. Don't have those pictures with me, so I'll have to stick with my photoshoped phone camera picture to upload here- you can see the line of ocean far in the distance.

Also got to try out a Sri Lankan dessert today- Watalappan. It was like a Sri Lankan take on caramel custard. A steamed pudding made with jaggery, cardamon, cinnamon and nutmeg. It was nice, despite cardamon and nutmeg being my least favourite spices. Was too shy to take a phone picture in front of everyone at the table.


No comments:

Post a Comment