Saturday, May 18, 2013

Day 2

My first Sabbath this year in Colombo was quite nice. I visited Bethel church last year and was lucky to visit on their 90th anniversary celebrations.

The congregation was a lot smaller today than it was on that day. The service was nice and finished much earlier than Cunningham church in Bangalore. I didn't even start feeling hungry during the sermon like I usually do. The many greetings I got changed from 'How long are you visiting for?' to 'Oh, we'll be seeing a lot more of you.' 

The city centre is quite lovely. Again, I have to mention the lack of garbage. I could walk barefoot if I had to! Another thing that I was pleasantly surprisingly to see was the use of a zebra crossing. People actually use the crossing and traffic actually stopped and let people cross! 

The evening brought with it lots of introductions, new Sri Lankan food and hours of entertainment. (I should correct that to evening, night and the following morning actually). The rule was 'no sleeping'. I paid the consequence with three painted toenails. Luckily I woke before the toothpaste attack.

Here's a picture of the church from last year. Love the lights.


No comments:

Post a Comment