Monday, May 27, 2013

Day 11

My second weekend in Sri Lanka was spent in the beautiful hilly town of Nuwara Eliya. I missed having the Canon 450D around, but the G5 was not as bad as I thought. The camera battery didn't last as long as I hoped and I realised that many of the pictures were over exposed and some out of focus. It will take some getting used to.

Anyway- the blog post is up on Fudge Together since it is a feature post- Read HERE.


Day 10 was mostly spent at home washing muddy clothes and reading my camera instruction book. In the evening, we courageously drove into town to see the lights of Vesak. It felt like the entire Sri Lankan population had come into Colombo. But the lights and lanterns on Beira Lake was really beautiful. The reflections in the water, the hanging lamps and the competing lanters all created quite a colourful setting. That blog post will be up soon.

Today, I cooked with another new vegetable- Thai Eggplant. Apart from the appearance, it was only a bit firmer than the usual brinjal and hence took a little longer to cook. Tasted quite similar too.


No comments:

Post a Comment