Friday, May 17, 2013

Day 1

Welcome to my new blog.

I've been planning to start a new blog completely dedicated to my year in Sri Lanka and the name only came to me this morning. I don't want to clutter my other blog with ramblings about the weather, my job and the food, so will post all that here on 'Hello Humidity.'

After a month of job hunting, I was offered a job on the island of Sri Lanka. Despite only being a 1 1/2 hour plane ride away and in the same time zone as India, it'll still going be one crazy year ahead away from home.

I stepped off the plane to 27 degrees and 80% humidity (at 10pm!), but was especially appreciative of the orderly traffic and garbage-less roads on the way home. 

Day 1 -at home in my new room. Internet makes it even easier to feel close to Bangalore. I forgot to pack my toothbrush. It was the last thing I used before I left home, and it didn't make it to my suitcase. Hooray for finger brushing!

I ate some Sri Lankan brinjal pickle with my lunch today. Indian Priya pickle you have no competition. 


^ view from my bedroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment