Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Day 75

In contrast to the last post- My package arrived, my phone works with the bent battery and some cellotape. All I need is a new memory card and the back panel. The last two days, I got the bus all the way back. Relief.

I thought receiving letters and postcards in the mail was exciting, but a package is a whole different level of excitement. My cousin sent me a package of goodies all the way from England. Little things all individually wrapped up in the package. It felt like Christmas. So glad the customs guy didn't open all the packages; would have totally spoiled it for me.

Did some more experimenting in the kitchen. Fried up some dambala (also known as winged bean) As the name suggests, just a bean with 4 wings. 


Also picked up one of the most interesting fruits I've seen- Dragon fruit. The exterior gives no clue what what it was inside. Kind of similar texture and taste to a kiwi.


No comments:

Post a Comment