Sunday, July 21, 2013

Day 66

Perfect Sunday today.

It was almost midday when I woke up. We had pancakes for lunch with chocolate fudge sauce we made with melted chocolate, butter and milk. We watched movies back to back- The Aviator and Across the Universe and now I feel like I know Howard Hughes personally with all the side reading I did during the movie. It's been quite a movie marathon actually- we watched LA Confidential last night (we even had popcorn!).

Did some cooking and had an early dinner and then it's been music, editing pictures and writing the rest of the day.

I finished my blog post about my community service. Looking through all those pictures and writing about that week made me miss it so much. I met such wonderful people that week, including the beautiful children at the school.

The past week I found something that could possibly be what I'll be doing as soon as I finish with my year in Sri Lanka. I was searching for an Indian based organisation that did architecture based community service, but only found plenty options for ones outside the country. One of my architecture friends introduced me to EMI (Engineering Ministries International) which has a base in Delhi and sends volunteer architects for various design projects in the country. Exactly what I've been looking for as an in between job project. 

Read about my week at Leratong Early Learning Centre here--




No comments:

Post a Comment