Sunday, June 23, 2013

Day 38

Happy Sunday.

The morning started off listening to music practice for a wedding at church. The combination of a cello and a piano is one of the best things to listen to. 

I sneaked off to Paradise Road Store while the cousins were busy. The building that the store, restaurant and gallery is housed in was Geoffrey Bawa's studio. I didn't have enough time to check out the gallery or peep into the restaurant. I've looked at the menu of the restaurant online before, some fancy pants food with just as fancy prices. The store was pretty awesome. I could spend ages and ages browsing crockery, books, and home furnishings. If I had a house here and lots of money, I would fill it with things from there. I should have taken pictures, but I'm sure I'll visit again to do that.


My afternoon was fruitfully spent discovering new music because I came across this awesome artist- Donavan Frankenreiter. Very similar styles to Jack Johnson, in fact the two were surfing buddies. Learning to surf is on my bucket list. Can't wait to cross that off.

"Being down in the open air
Living life like we just dont care
Just doing what we want to do
Not doing what we supposed to do

It's gonna be
A lovely day"



No comments:

Post a Comment