Thursday, June 6, 2013

Day 21

My 'normal' kind of week is almost over. Have two new people at the office and will have two more soon. So it'll be fun working with more people at the office.

Bus commutes, work and more work while frequent short showers create random patterns on the glass, going through playlist after playlist on 8tracks, quiet lunchtimes and hoping it will stop raining while I travel back home. I've been missing my 2mbps internet. Had to watch Game of thrones bits at a time. 'Buffering' is such a horrible word. Ugh. And to make it worse, it was such a useless episode. Also had to watch the French Open matches by staring at live updates of scores online. Who would have ever thought I'd miss TV?!! Catching up with the Bangalore crowd in the evenings while fighting mosquitoes- Sri Lankan mosquitoes are tiny, but their bites are worse than the Bangalore variety (so hard to catch them!) That has been my week in summary and probably of many many more weeks to come.

Been cooking too- didn't try out any new vegetables this week. Made Egg Fu Yong for the first time. Somehow wasn't quite the same as what we used to make at home.

Stringing beans was strangely fun today. (Yes, I know it's a weird thing to find fun) I loved how the stings curled up once pulled off the beans. 


Yay for Friday tomorrow! Bring on the weekend, and maybe a more exciting coming week (otherwise I will have to resort to more uninteresting food pictures) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment