Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Day 307


300 days in Sri Lanka already!!! The end of my year is actually in sight- happy/sad feelings.

My posts are so spaced out that I'm not even sure what I've been doing. Work is as usual. Busy work days alternate with fun days with the work people- potlucks, ice fights and lots of laughter usually at someone's expense. We visited the architecture exhibition recently, but dinner after was probably more exciting than the exhibition itself.

The past month, I've spent two Thursday evenings at the Good Market. It's my favourite after-work-chill spot. Mostly because of the really awesome cake at the Butter Boutique- those humongous rich decadent slices have never fallen short of amazing. Water's Edge Park is also so beautiful at night; the breeze, the grass and the lights on the water. One time, the four of us lay down on the grass and watched the stars till we were chased off. 


Church has been fun the past month too. Easter programme practices means more singing and more acting! We've been practicing for a hand mime too which reminds me of all the mad practices with the AY gang in Bangalore. 

Last week my parents and uncle were here. It was so nice to have them visit again even though I couldn't take more leave to travel to Kalpitiya with them. Sunday morning, a few hours  after they landed, we left for Mirissa to go whale watching early in the morning. 

Despite the sea sickness and the harsh sun, watching the whales break through the surface of the water to breathe was a thrilling experience. The 50ft giants barely surfaced, but we were able to watch parts of their backs and tails for a short while before they dived back into the deep. Most of them, we watched at a distant, but a few were really close. One of them even swam alongside our boat about 10m away. We could see the dark outline of the whole whale below the water. This was definitely one of the highlights of Sri Lanka. I was so awestruck, I forgot to take videos. Here are a couple of pictures that my Dad took. 


Next week, I have visitors again. Four of my classmates from college are visiting for 5 days. Lots of traveling, lots of pictures and plenty of girly gossip time coming up. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment